EASY MISO SOUP RECIPE
It's super easy to make authentic Japanese miso soup at home! As the daily elixir of the Japanese diet, homemade miso soup is not only delicious, it also brings many health benefits.
- 2 cups water
- 3 - 4 Tbsp Miso paste
- 1/3 of a 14 oz block of firm tofu cut in small cubes
- 2 cups assorted mushrooms sliced or left whole if very small
- 1 quart vegetable or chicken stock this is optional, you can also use all water if you prefer
- 4 or 5 scallions sliced thin (use all of the white and a little of the green)
- Heat the stock and water to a simmer and add the mushrooms and tofu. Simmer for a few minutes to cook the mushrooms.
- When you're ready to serve, add the scallions and take the pan off the heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the miso with 1/4 cup of the hot broth to form a paste. Stir it back into the broth, and serve. Enjoy your soup!