Easy Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
Tender and juicy on the inside, crisp and tasty on the outside, these crispy chicken legs are so perfectly seasoned and so easy to prepare! They're incredibly easy to make with very little preparation, which makes this chicken thigh recipe perfect for busy nights.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds skin-on bone-in chicken thighs about 8
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rub ingredients until well combined.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry and place them on the baking sheet.
- Rub both sides of the chicken with olive oil. Rub the spice mixture over the chicken, rubbing it on both sides of the chicken. Try to rub some of the rub underneath the skin as well as on top of the skin for the most flavorful chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven, without moving or turning, until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken (not touching the bone) reaches at least 165 degrees F. This will take about 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken thighs.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes on the pan before serving. Enjoy your dinner!