Easy Coconut Chicken Curry with Potatoes
A delicious and easy vegan chicken curry with potatoes and whole coconut milk. The instructions here are from scratch, but you can make this 30-minute recipe even faster if you have my basic tomato onion sauce on hand.
- Salt, as desired
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of onions, sliced
- 1 can of Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 white potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons of Curry Powder or Curry Paste
- 4 boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons of cooking oil/fat of choice (Olive oil, Butter, Coconut oil, Ghee, etc.) – Butter is my preference, but coconut also works well for this dish.
- Do all your prep first, if you haven’t already: Cut your potatoes up in to small cubes, slice up your onions, chop up your garlic, and cut your chicken in to small cubes.
- In a large skillet, in low heat heat up 2 tbsp of cooking fat/oil of choice. Once it melts, add curry powder in there. Swirl it around until well blended. Add in coconut milk. (The one I used is a Thai coconut milk, but if you can’t find that any where there’s Thai Kitchen’s available here.) Mix well. Add potatoes to the coconut curry blend, and bring to a boil and then let simmer.
- In a separate pan, add 2 tbsp of cooking oil/fat of choice and sauté the garlic and the onions.
- Once the onions are translucent, throw in the cubed chickens. Cook lightly, and remove from heat. Add the meat, onion, and garlic mixture to the coconut curry blend.
- Let it cook for about 30 minutes or when your potatoes and chicken is cooked thoroughly (and try not to die of hunger with all that delicious coconut milk aroma in the air!). Enjoy your cooking!