Deep Fried Oreos
It is a favorite of the carnival where I grew up. The Oreos are dipped in pancake batter and fried - delicious !! You can do this with or without a fryer.
- 1 egg
- oil for frying
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pancake mix
- Powdered Sugar if desired
- Preheat the oil to about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- While the oil heats up, mix the milk, egg, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Add the pancake mix and mix until well combined.
- Dip the cookies into the batter and coat it well on both sides.
- Fry the cookies for about 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy while warm. Enjoy your breakfast!