CRUSTLESS VEGETABLE QUICHE
A light and healthy rindless quiche with a thick flavor and few calories. Be creative and use your favorite vegetables and spices!
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 a yellow onion diced small
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper diced small
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp basil
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a nine inch quiche dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Then add the garlic, peppers, broccoli, and onion. Cooking, stirring intermittently over medium heat until the vegetables are soft, about eight minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, whisk together the eggs and egg whites. Then whisk in the milk, salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Stir in the mozzarella and feta cheese.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, pour them into the quiche dish. Pour the egg mixture over it, gently smoothing it out so it is all even. Put in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the edge of the quiche starts to pull away from the side. Let set for 10 minutes and then serve and enjoy your cooking!