Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad
Filled with green vegetables from the garden, crunchy celery, avocado and a little cheese too. Each salad bowl is garnished with bison chicken seasoned on a baked ranch (and very crisp) and served with a light yogurt-based vinaigrette made with a goddess.
- 1 large Avocado sliced
- 1 cup Shredded carrots
- 3 Celery stalks chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- Thinly sliced red onion optional
- 3 cups chopped romaine or salad greens
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 large egg whisked
- 1/4 cup ghee melted
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 and 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- Additional cilantro for garnish
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup Franks original hot sauce
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or avocado oil for frying
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp cilantro minced
- 1/8-1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup homemade mayo or purchased paleo mayo
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl until nice and smooth, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large serving bowl, arrange the salad ingredients, except for the avocado, which should be sliced right before serving to avoid browning. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the chicken.
- Whisk the egg in a small shallow bowl and in another shallow bowl, add the almond flour, tapioca, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/med-hi heat (non-stick is preferreand add the oil for frying.
- Once sizzling hot, (breading with soften and fall off if oil isn’t hot enougdip a piece of chicken in the egg, shaking off excess, coat with dry mixture, and place in the skillet. Repeat with all chicken pieces.
- Cook on one side until golden brown, about 3 mins, adjusting the heat if necessary. Turn carefully using tongs so as not to lose the “breading”.
- Cook on the second side until golden brown on the outside and cooked through inside - about 6 mins total depending on thickness.
- Remove chicken to a paper towel lined plate and allow to cool a bit.
- In a bowl, whisk together the hot sauce and melted ghee. Dip each piece of chicken in the sauce to coat and place on a cutting board. If you don’t want to cut the chicken before serving the salad, you can place the chicken right over the salad.
- Cut chicken into pieces if desired, then arrange on the salad, drizzling any leftover sauce over the top. Arrange avocado around the chicken, and serve right away with the ranch dressing. Enjoy your salad!