Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup
Salted beef and cabbage soup made with cabbage, potatoes, peppers and herbs simmered over the fire with salted beef creates this wonderful meal in a pan - a fun twist on a classic Irish dish!
- 1 pound raw corned beef in pickling juices, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth (or beef broth or ham broth)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, add the onions, carrots and celery and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes, before adding the garlic and cooking until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, corned beef, potatoes and cabbage, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the beef is tender, about 1-2 hours. Enjoy your cooking!