CINNAMON ROLL WAFFLES
Cinnamon Waffles - Crispy, buttery, tender waffles topped with an amazing combination of sweet cream cheese and a cinnamon brown sugar filling.
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
CREAM CHEESE TOPPING:
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
PREPARE THE WAFFLES:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened; batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Preheat a waffle iron and spray with nonstick spray. Pour the batter into the waffle iron grid and close the lid. Bake until the waffles are completely done- follow your waffle iron's instructions. Use a fork to remove the finished waffles. Repeat with the remaining batter. Keep the waffles warm until ready to serve (a 200 degree oven is perfect).
PREPARE THE CINNAMON TOPPING:
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a small zip baggie and set aside.
PREPARE THE CREAM CHEESE TOPPING:
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl- heat the butter and cream cheese for 30 to 60 seconds. just until melted. Stir together until smooth; whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
ASSEMBLE THE WAFFLES:
- When ready to serve, place a waffle on a plate, drizzle cinnamon topping, then drizzle cream cheese topping. Use as much or as little as you'd like. Serve immediately. Enjoy your breakfast!