CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD
This raisin cinnamon bread is one of the simplest breads you can make at home from scratch, and it is filled with a wonderful flavor of cinnamon and juicy raisins!
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Instant Rise Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Milk, Almond Milk, Or Soy Milk, At 110ºF
- 6 Tablespoons Neutral Oil Or Melted Unsalted Butter
- 3-1/2 cups All-purpose Flour (17 1/2 Ounces By Weight), Plus More For Dusting
FOR THE CINNAMON FILLING:
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons Melted Butter (or Oil)
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- Combine milk, brown sugar, and yeast in a bowl or measuring cup. Let sit for 10 minutes, until foamy. This indicates that the yeast is alive and well.
- Pour the yeast liquid into the bowl of a stand mixer, and add oil and eggs. Whisk to combine the wet ingredients, then add flour and salt. Use the dough hook or a spatula to roughly combine the wet and dry ingredients into a shaggy dough. Add the raisins, then fit the bowl and dough hook to the stand mixer. Knead on medium low speed for 10 minutes.
- Remove the dough hook, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let the dough rise for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- Flour your countertop as lightly as possible, then spread and stretch the dough into a rectangle that is the length of your loaf pan, about 9 inches by 18 inches. I prefer to use a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Make the cinnamon filling by stirring together brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Spread this mixture all over the top of the dough rectangle, then roll the dough up as tightly as you can, rolling the long way. Place the roll seam-side down into a greased loaf pan, then cover with plastic wrap to let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF, then bake bread for 40–50 minutes until the inside reads 190ºF to 200ºF with a thermometer. Let the bread cool completely on a wire rack before slicing. Enjoy your bread!