Cherry Cheesecake Surprise Layered Dessert
It's incredibly delicious and the basic dessert of every family function.
- 1 large can cherry pie filling (30 oz)
- 1 (16 oz.) container sour cream (can use low fat)
- 2 packages pre-made shortcakes, usually come 6 to a package
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened (can use fat free)
- 2 sm. boxes (3.5 oz) vanilla instant pudding (can use fat free/sugar free)
- Make pudding as directed on box, chill.
- In separate large bowl, blend cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Fold in pudding, blend on low until smooth.
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch pieces and cover bottom of 9x13” pan.
- Pour cream mix over bread, smooth out evenly.
- Top with spoonfuls of cherry pie filling. Use a knife to swirl it through the cream filling.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Scoop into bowls and devour with a spoon. Enjoy your dessert!