CARAMEL MACCHIATO CHIA PUDDING
Get your coffee and breakfast all at once with these oatmeal caramel and macchiato dessert. You would never know it's healthy!
For The Chia Pudding:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 10 large medjool dates, pitted
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (regular or decaf)
For The Caramel Sauce (Optional, But Encouraged):
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup OR agave
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Add all the chia pudding ingredients, except for the chia seeds, into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth. Add in the chia seeds and blend on low until they are stirred into the liquid. Pour into jars and pop in the fridge until it the chia seeds plump up and the pudding thickens, about 4 hours.
- Once the pudding has thickened, add all the caramel sauce ingredients into a small saucepan. Heat over medium, stirring constantly, until the sauce comes together, about 5 minutes. Pour a layer of the caramel over each of the chia puddings and return to the fridge to allow the caramel to set, about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Enjoy your pudding!