Broccoli and Mushroom Stir-Fry
The sauce of this sautéed chicken with broccoli is perfectly "sassy", which makes it ideal for serving on hot and soft white rice. It's much healthier than takeout and you can use the best ingredients, even organic.
- 1/4 cup cashews, optional water chestnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, optional
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth, optional water
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- In a large skillet on high heat, add the broccoli, onion, garlic, mushrooms, red pepper, ginger, and water. Cook, stirring often until broccoli is soft and onions are translucent. Add broth and more as needed to prevent the vegetables from sticking.
- Stir in the carrot, cashews, vinegar, soy sauce, and coconut sugar. Stir well and simmer for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve alone or on top of quinoa or brown rice. Enjoy your cooking!