Best Chicken Piccata With Lemon Sauce
A simple but super impressive chicken piccata in a tasty lemon, butter and caper sauce. Perfect with pasta for a quick and delicious dinner.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth, divided
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, 2 tablespoons wine, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce. In another shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown 4 chicken breast halves in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add the remaining wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until sauce is reduced by a fourth. Drizzle over chicken. Enjoy your cooking!