10-MINUTE CREAM CHEESE PASTA
Here I'm going to show you a secret tip for getting really creamy cream cheese pasta without the sauce drying out. With just 5 ingredients, this easy pasta dish is a total winner!
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) cream cheese
- 1/2 lb (225 grams) pasta (spaghetti, penne, fusilli...)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more to serve
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) cooking water, plus more if needed
- 1/4-1/2 tsp chili flakes, or according to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) grated parmesan, plus more to serve
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Right before draining, reserve a cup of starchy pasta water.
- In meanwhile, in a large skillet warm 1 Tbsp of olive oil and gently fry the garlic (plus a good pinch of chili flakes if you like) for 2-3 minutes. Use a low flame, do not let the garlic burn.
- Then stir the cream cheese and about 1/2 cup of starchy pasta water. Stir to combine oil, cream cheese, water and create a nice and creamy emulsion. Your pasta sauce is ready.
- Drain and add your pasta to the skillet. Stir well to evenly coat the pasta in the sauce, add parmesan and more cooking water as needed for a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of good olive oil or extra virgin olive oil, freshly grated parmesan, and freshly ground black pepper (if you don't use chili flakes). Enjoy your cooking!