VEGAN SCRAMBLED EGG
Scrambled tofu is a popular vegan breakfast dish similar to scrambled eggs. Although this recipe requires onions and green peppers, try adding fake pieces of meat or experimenting with different combinations of vegetables, such as spinach, mushrooms and green onions.
FOR THE SCRAMBLED TOFU EGG
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 349 g silken tofu
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- A pinch salt (adjust to taste!)
- ¼ tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
FOR THE VEGAN SOUR CREAM
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp paprika
- ⅛ cup unsweetened plant-based yoghurt
- Drain water from your tofu. First you will want to make sure that you’ve drained the water from your tofu. Don’t worry, you don’t need a tofu press. Simply cut open a small piece of the packaging and gently press to let out all the water
- Warm up your pan. I usually wait for it to warm up for about 1 minute on medium high heat. There’s no need to use oil, but if you do, I recommend a drizzle of sesame oil.
- Crumble up the tofu block in your hands above the pan and let it fall into the pan. Don’t worry if there are some larger blocks left. Not everything needs to be perfectly crumbled up at the start as silken tofu will easily fall apart by itself later. Leave on medium heat and stir occasionally.
- Add garlic powder, turmeric, paprika powder, crackle in some black pepper and a bit of salt. Stir well. Keep stirring occasionally for about 6 minutes.
- Wait until your tofu is cooked and ready for serving before adding black salt.
- Sprinkle with fresh chives, roasted pine nuts and sesame. Enjoy your cooking!