THE EASIEST BURRITO RECIPE
Easy, airy, freezing. Roll up a few burritos, bake them and eat them now or freeze them individually for super easy lunches and dinners on the go. This flexible recipe can be made vegetarian, carnivorous or vegan to satisfy every eater.
- ¾ cup corn kernels
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1 ounce packet taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups cooked rice I like to use Uncle Ben's microwaveable Ready Rice for a quick option
- Optional for garnish: finely diced red onion; diced tomato or salsa; lettuce; fresh cilantro; sour cream avocado or guacamole
- 6 large 10-inch flour tortillas (I like to use Mission brand "burrito size" tortillas)
- 1 ½ cups refried beans or 1 ½ cups drained and rinsed black beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook beef with taco seasoning mix, according to seasoning package instructions.
- To prepare 1 burrito: spread ¼ cup beans down center of tortillas; top with ½ cup rice, beef, 2 tablespoons corn, and ¼ cup cheese.
- Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, then roll up, burrito style. Place, seam-sides down, in prepared dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients to prepare 6 total burritos.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes (until heated through). If you are baking the burritos from the refrigerator while they’re still cold, it will take about 30-35 minutes for them to heat through.
Freeze the burritos in individual servings by wrapping each burrito in aluminum foil before baking. Then just remove one (or more) burritos from the freezer when you’re ready to eat.
To bake individual foil-wrapped burritos straight from the freezer (while still frozen): Place foil-wrapped burrito on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.