Old Bay Shrimp Burritos
When you want a dish, you can't consider shrimp first. as you should. And these simple recent shrimp burritos from the bay prove it.
FOR OLD BAY AIOLI
- 1 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt (optional)
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 3/4 tsp fresh lime juice
FOR SHRIMP FILLING
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Freshly ground pepper
FOR ASSEMBLING BURRITO
- 1 c shredded lettuce
- 2 tbsp chopped chives, plus more for serving
- 3/4 c shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 c cooked long-grain white rice
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 large flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 c cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c pico de gallo, drained
- Make aioli: Whisk together mayo, Sriracha, lime juice, Old Bay, and 1 teaspoon water. Season with salt, if desired.
- Make shrimp filling: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in shrimp, cumin, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque and just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Assemble burritos: Lay a tortilla on a serving plate. Add 1/4 cup each of the rice and beans. Top with ¼ each of the shrimp filling, cheese, lettuce, pico de gallo, and avocado slices. Sprinkle with chives and drizzle with aioli. Roll burrito tightly and repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Slice each burrito in half and serve with more aioli, Old Bay, and chives.
ENJOY YOUR COOK!!