Honey Sesame Chicken
Honey and Sesame Chicken is the crisp, crunchy, sweet and savory dish you've been looking for - even if you didn't know it! Dare I say it could become your new favorite way to make chicken? so let's go!
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups sugar snap peas trimmed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the snap peas and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the snap peas from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer - you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through.
- Add the snap peas back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- In a bowl whisk together the chicken broth, honey, sesame oil, garlic and soy sauce. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and snap peas; cook for 30 seconds. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
- Serve immediately, topped with sesame seeds. Enjoy your cooking!