Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Easy and fluffy Keto Cinnamon Roll pancake recipe, the perfect low-carb alternative to regular pancakes with a fun Cinnamon Roll twist! Keto, low in carbohydrates
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, just melted (not boiling)
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
PREPARE CINNAMON FILLING
- In a medium bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a quart-sized heavy zip baggie and set it aside.
- Tips: Before swirling, open up the baggie again and give it a good stir to re-incorporate any butter that may have separated from the sugar. You want the mixture to thicken a bit- it’s best when it’s similar to the squeezing texture of a tube of toothpaste, which will happen if you leave it at room temperature for several minutes. Don’t try to use the filling for the pancake swirl unless it has thickened as it will be too runny to make a solid swirl.
- In a small pan, heat the butter over low heat until melted. Turn off the heat and whisk in the cream cheese until it is almost smooth. Sift the powdered sugar into the pan, stir and add in vanilla extract. Set the pan aside while you make the pancakes.
PREPARE PANCAKE BATTER
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in the milk, egg and oil, just until the batter is moistened (a few small lumps are fine).
COOK THE PANCAKES
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-heat and spray with nonstick spray.
- Use an ice cream scoop (or 1/3 cup measuring cup) to add the batter to the pan. Use the bottom of the scoop or cup to spread the batter into a circle (about 4-inches in diameter). Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Snip the corner of your baggie of cinnamon filling and squeeze the filling into the open corner. When your cinnamon roll pancakes begins to form bubbles, add the filling. Starting at the center of the pancake, squeeze the filling on top of the pancake batter in a swirl (just as you see in a regular cinnamon roll).
- Note: Keep the heat low or your pancakes might cook up too quickly. Don’t flip them until you see those bubbles starting to pop on top. Flip them with a wide spatula(you can use 2 spatulas side by side if needed) so you can grasp the whole thing without batter and filling dripping all over the place!
- Cook the pancake 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bubbles begin popping on top of the pancake and it’s golden brown on the bottom. Slide a thin, wide metal spatula underneath the pancake and gently but quickly flip it over. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the other side is golden as well. Enjoy the cooking!