Butterscotch Molasses Pudding Cookies
Ginger Molten Butter Caramel Cookies are sweet and fluffy, with the perfect combination of holiday flavors. They are easy to make and will be perfect for your holiday cookie exchange!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- Additional sugar for rolling if desired
- 1 3.4 ounce box butterscotch instant pudding
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add molasses and mix until mixture is smooth. Add pudding mix and blend until combined.. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Mix in baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour. Stir in butterscotch chips. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes (a few hours is preferable).
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Place about 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl for rolling, if desired. (Cookies will be a little crunchy on the outside with the sugar, if you use it.)
- Scoop one tablespoon balls of dough and roll in sugar, or just place on cookie sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes until bottoms just begin to get golden. Cool for 5 minutes before moving to a rack to cool completely. Cookies can be frozen for later consumption, if desired. Place in a ziploc bag between layers of paper towel for best results when freezing. enjoy your cooking!