TOMATO QUINOA SALAD
Another delicious quinoa recipe into our meal preparation game! This Quinoa Tomato Salad is fast, flavorful and easy to make. suitable for a slim diet. easy to make and easy to get ingredients.
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 clove garlic (smashed and minced)
- additional fresh chopped parsley to taste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 TBSP avocado oil
- 2-3 cups chopped/sliced tomato
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1 TBSP fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- First rinse and drain your quinoa using a mesh strainer or sieve. Bring a small pot to medium heat and lightly toast the quinoa to remove any excess water. Stir as it toasts for just a few minutes. This step is optional but really adds to the nuttiness and fluff factor of the quinoa! Next add your water, set burner to high, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered with the lid slightly ajar, for 12-13 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa cooks, chop, slice and prep the remaining ingredients.
- To make the dressing, combine avocado oil (or healthy oil of your choosing) with fresh lime juice, minced garlic, parsley, cumin, salty and pepper.
- Once your quinoa is ready, fluff with a fork and allow to cool (I usually pop mine in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to cool it) then combine with tomatoes, green onion, chickpeas, and any extra parsley you'd like! I usually add 2-3 TBSP of extra parsley - I love the flavor! Toss salad with half of the dressing and dive in! Drizzle extra dressing on the salad as desired and feel free to add any additional seasoning to taste.