SPANISH TUNA AND POTATO SALAD RECIPE
Scented potato salad recipes, mayonnaise free, free, this Spanish potato salad recipe won't disappoint! Potato salad full of flavor with tuna, green beans and tomatoes. Some spices add to the depth, and a simple Spanish-inspired dressing brings everything together. Sugar free. suitable for those of you who are on a diet.
- 12 oz fingerling potatoes or small red potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 10 oz French green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup pearl red onions or small shallots, quartered
- 15 oz can quality tuna
- 1/3 cup Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (more to your liking)
- 3/4 tsp cumin (more to your liking)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 oz spring greens or butter lettuce
- 6 oz small tomatoes (such as campari tomatoes or small Roma tomatoes), cut into wedges
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, and crushed red pepper. Combine Early HarvestEVOO and vinegar then add to the salad. Give everything a gentle toss making sure all the ingredients are well-coated. Taste and adjust seasoning or add more smoked paprika, cumin, or crushed red pepper to your liking (remember, flavors meld with time.)
- In the same cooking pot, with the water boiling, add green beans. Cook 4 minutes or so. Drain, and immediately place the green beans in the bowl with the iced water (ice bath) to stop cooking (this helps them keep their vivid green color too.) When cooled enough, remove green beans from ice bath and pat dry.
- Place fingerling potatoes in a large pot and cover well with water. Boil for 10 minutes or until you are able to stick a fork through potatoes. Using a slotted spoon, remove potatoes from boiling water and transfer to a plate for now. Do not discard water.
- Prepare a large bowl with iced water and set aside near the pot.
- Cut fingerling potatoes in halves length-wise, and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add green beans, tomatoes, onions (or shallots), tuna (crumble it up a bit before adding), and garlic.
- Assemble spring greens or butter lettuce on a nice platter. Arrange the salad on top. Enjoy!