Mexican Street Corn Salad
the taste between sweet and spicy, this Mexican Street Street Salad is made of cob with a little smoky seasoning, to make it truly out of this world. easy to make.
- 2 14 oz bags of frozen corn
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 8 oz cotija cheese crumbled
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ jalapeno diced, seeds removed
- Pinch of chili powder
- sea salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- juice of one lime
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add the olive oil and toast the corn-- cooking the corn for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the skillet from heat and set aside.
- In a separate, large bowl stir the mayo, cotija cheese, jalapeno, cilantro, cayenne, and minced garlic together, until evenly combined.
- Slice the lime in half and squeeze the juices from each half into the bowl. Stir until the juice is completely incorporated.
- Stir in the corn until completely incorporated, evenly, into the salad mixture.
- Refrigerate the salad until chilled.
- When ready to serve, spoon the mixture into bowls and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt, smoked paprika, and chili powder.
- ready to serve