Healing Turmeric Cauliflower Soup
This creamy cauliflower soup is anti-inflammatory, suitable to be served when the weather is snowy. It's also vegan, packed with protein and easy to make!
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium shallot quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Garnishes: fresh herbs cracked pepper, lime, olive oil, etc.
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1 medium head of cauliflowerchopped
- 2 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend divided
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Add the cauliflower, shallots and garlic to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and spices and toss to combine. Transfer veggies to a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once roasted, transfer veggies to a saucepan. Add lentils, broth and 2 cups of milk, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, the cover and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth. Stir in remaining milk.
- Serve immediately and top with desired garnishes.
- soup ready to serve