Grilled Greek Chicken recipes
This Grilled Greek Chicken Recipe is the easiest recipe for beginners who are just learning to cook or like to cook. For starters, collect our easy Greek Layered Hummus Dip and serve with homemade ribbon chips made from our Whole Wheat Pita Recipe. A crisp and fresh Greek salad is always a welcome addition to any meal. This grilled chicken can be cooked anywhere, and it's easy to get the ingredients.
For the marinade:
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (use full fat yogurt for best results)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoons dried
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For the skewers:
- 6-8 skewers (if using wooden skewers soak in water for 30-minutes before grilling)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces for skewers
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Seal and massage the bag to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the chicken to the bag turning to coat. Marinate for 4-24 hours. Turn the bag a few times while marinating.
- Preheat gas grill to 400F.
- Pour the marinated chicken pieces into a large strainer to remove the excess marinade. Thread chicken pieces onto the skewers alternating with peppers and onions. Grill until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.