Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
for lovers of French baked bread, this bread is no less interesting and lezar like bread in famous restaurants. it tastes like cinnamon donuts!
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- Maple syrup to serve (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 4 thick slices white bread, preferably stale (Note 1)
- Remove crust of each slice, then cut each into 3 equal thick batons.
- Combine the eggs, milk and a pinch of salt in a bowl large enough to roll the bread sticks in.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar on a plate.
- Melt 2 tbsp of the butter in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Roll the sticks in the egg mixture quickly (do not soak them), shake off excess and place in pan. Cook in 2 batches.
- Turn to cook each side until golden.
- Immediately transfer to the plate with the cinnamon sugar and roll to coat. It's important to do this quickly while they are hot straight out of the pan so it sticks.
- Melt remaining butter and cook the remaining french toast sticks.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup to dunk the sticks in.
- Ready for breakfast