Cheese Sauce for Cheese Fries and Nachos Recipe
Cheese sause easy homemade nacho cheese sauce, you can make those decisions, and end up with a silky, gooey, perfect nacho cheese sauce of your own design. Whenever you want.
- 8 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese (or a mix of cheddar and pepper Jack—see note), grated on large holes of a box grater
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons Franks Red Hot or other hot sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- Add cheese and cornstarch to large bowl. Toss to combine. Transfer to medium saucepan..
- Add 1 cup evaporated milk and hot sauce. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with whisk until melted, bubbly, and thickened (about 5 minutes). Mixture will look thin and grainy at first but will thicken and come together after heating. Thin to desired consistency with additional evaporated milk. Serve immediately with fries, tortilla chips, burgers, or hot dogs.
- To reheat the sauce, microwave it on high heat, stopping and stirring every 30 seconds until it's fully melted.
- Sauce ready to serve