Amazing Easy Thai Coconut Soup
An amazingly fast and easy to make Thai Coconut Soup FROM SCRATCH with easy-to-find ingredients !! The coconut milk broth can't stop-eat-it-tasty,
- 200 g / 7 oz fresh egg noodles,
- 2 tsp chilli garlic paste or other chilli paste
- 10 prawns/shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 lemongrass
- 400 g/14oz coconut milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 cups /500ml chicken broth
- 2 tsp lime zest
- Big handful bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
TOPPINGS / FOR SERVING:
- Sliced red onion
- Fresh coriander/cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add prawns and sear both sides until light golden (doesn't need to cook inside). Remove onto plate.
- Turn heat down to medium. If pot is looking dry, add a touch of extra oil.
- Add garlic, ginger and lemongrass. Saute for 20 seconds until garlic is golden.
- Add sugar and fish sauce. Stir and cook for 30 seconds - it should look like caramel.
- Add chilli paste, coriander and curry powder. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and coconut milk. Stir and bring to simmer.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, then add lime zest and return prawns into broth.
- Cook for 2 minutes just to reheat and finish cooking the prawns.
- Place noodles in bowl. Ladle over soup.
- Top with bean sprouts and coriander, plus toppings of choice (chilli, red onion, Asian fried shallots).
- Squeeze over lime juice to taste. Slurp and be happy!
- ready to serve