EASY YUMMY FRENCH ONION SOUP
Is there any dish more comforting than a gorgeously golden, cheesy and fragrant French onion soup? Caramelized onions, beef stock and white (or red) cooking wine mingle into a luxurious medley in this classic French dish. Your home will smell heavenly!
This recipe was created for Holland House Cooking Wines. All opinions are my own.
About 3 lbs. (6 large) yellow onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Holland House White Cooking Wine or Red Cooking Wine
- 8 cups (two 32 oz. containers) beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme OR 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 loaf French bread OR baguette, sliced into 1-inch thick rounds
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss or Gruyere
Get full Instructions: Click here