These burrito bowls are loaded with marinated grilled chicken, cilantro lime rice, black beans and a variety of fun toppings. This recipe will become a dinnertime staple at your house!
Burrito bowls are so versatile, I could make them every day and never get bored! Serve your burrito bowls with a topping of homemade pico de gallo and a Mexican caesar salad on the side.
For the chicken:
- 1 1/4 pounds NatureRaised Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder depending on the heat level of your chili powder. I use a mild chili powder so I do the full 2 tablespoons.
- 3 cups cooked white or brown rice or quinoa
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- the juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15- ounce can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- To prepare the marinade, pour the lime juice, olive oil and water into a large resealable bag. Add the garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder and chili powder.
- Seal bag and shake to combine. Add the chicken to the bag of marinade, seal and place in fridge - marinate at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat a grill, grill pan or skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
full recipe here: dinneratthezoo.com