We’ve got this strange fall weather thing going on in California where it’s freezing cold in the morning and blazing hot by afternoon. I know that by next month all those weather extremes will give way to cooler temperatures, and what better for a cold day than a piping hot mug of hot chocolate? This slow cooker hot chocolate puts those little packets of powder to shame, it’s rich and creamy and perfect for a party. All it takes is 5 minutes of prep time, which is really not much more time than you’d spend making a cup of instant cocoa!
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder sifted
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 7 cups milk use whole milk for the creamiest hot chocolate!
- 1 cup heavy cream can use half and half, but cream gives the best results
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate chips etc. for garnish
- Place the cocoa powder, condensed milk, heavy cream, milk, vanilla extract, semisweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips in a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
full recipe here : dinneratthezoo.com