My Quick and Easy Crab Melts are seriously delicious and oh so versatile. They are great for a light lunch or brunch with some chips (crisps) or a salad, or you can cut them into small slices or squares and serve as appetizers, on a buffet, or at a cocktail party. Perfect for warmer days when you don’t want to have the stove going for too long, in cooler weather these Crab Melts are a tasty accompaniment to a warming bowl of soup.
- ½ cup white crab meat
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream (low fat is fine)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of Monterey Jack cheese or Swiss cheese, or use Pepper Jack if you like a bit of spice
- a four or five inch slice of baguette, long French bread, or ciabatta bread, cut carefully in half lengthwise
- Put the French bread or ciabatta bread halves in the oven on a baking sheet at about 350°F (175°C) or under the broiler or grill for five minutes or until they are beginning to take on a bit of colour.
- Meanwhile, mix the crab meat with the mustard, red pepper, and celery.
full recipe here : apriljharris.com