Leave people wondering if there is a hidden chef in your kitchen with this Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp. Quick and easy to make, ready on the table in less than 15 minutes, you will even impress yourself!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 pound (500 g) shrimp (or prawns), tails on or off
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup white wine (OPTIONAL)
- 5 oz (150 g) jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil, drained(reserve 1 teaspoon of the jarred oil for cooking)
- 1 3/4 cups half and half SEE NOTES
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
- 2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with 1 tablespoons of water (optional)***
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Add in the shrimp and fry two minutes on each side, until just cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Fry the onion in the butter remaining in the skillet. Pour in the white wine (if using), and allow to reduce to half, while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan. Add the sun dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavours.
full recipe here : cafedelites.com