The recipe that I’ve been dying to make us from the moment I got back from Hawaii — quick garlic noodles!
No joke, I’m probably the only person on the planet that goes equipped with a small notebook and a pencil to scribble down all the flavors I taste when we dine out. Between that and the number of times I close my eyes to let my taste buds relish things more clearly, I’m pretty sure we manage to get more than a few curious looks. Anees, on the other hand, isn’t even bothered. He’s happily munching away, wholly accustomed to our now ‘normal’ dining out lifestyle.
- 3 tablespoons butter + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6-8 fresh garlic cloves, minced (we always use 8)
- 2 scallions, greens only (thinly sliced)
- 1-2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces noodles (see notes)
- fried garlic, for topping
- INFUSE THE BUTTER: Heat a large pot with water and allow it to come to boil, cook the noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside. While the water is boiling, grab a large, non-stick skillet and place it on medium-low heat. Add the butter, oil olive, garlic, and scallions. Let the butter infuse with the garlic for 5-7 minutes, stirring often. The garlic should barely sizzle here, you don’t want it to brown.
full recipe here : littlespicejar.com