coconut sweet potato lentil soup with rice.
1. 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2. 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
3. 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
4. 2 cloves garlic, minced
5. 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
6. 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
7. 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
8. 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth or water
9. 3/4 cup dried red lentils
10. kosher salt
11. 1 can (14 ounce) coconut milk
12. 2 cups baby spinach
13. 2 cups cooked basmati rice
14. 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and cook 5 minutes until soft. Add the ginger, garlic, and sweet potatoes and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and cayenne and cook another minute.
2. Add the broth and lentils. Season generously with salt. Bring the mix to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, until the lentils are soft and the sweet potatoes tender.
3. Stir in the coconut milk and spinach, cook 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the cilantro.
Full Instrucions : Click Here